Monday, May 18, 2009

Back from the Michigan Guppy Breeders show!

I had a GREAT time! Wow. The fish and people were amazing. I got to meet Laura Barrasso and chit chat with her. She brought me some beautiful fish! A trio of Gold Snakeskins, and 3 of her HB Blues. We are hoping the HB Blues are a trio. The male she brought with them did not make the trip. Fingers crossed for one to be a male! I took a painting for her that I did of one of her beautiful Lace Snakeskin males, and about 10-12 of my Red Snakeskin fry. Hopefully she likes them, and can work with them. I will post pics of the fish I got from her later today hopefully.

I got to meet so many other wonderful Guppy loving people at the show I don't know if I can remember them all. They sure seem like a fun light hearted bunch. :) I look forward to getting to know them better at the meetings.

The judging got off to a late start due to a computer issue but Saturday was a good day of learning. I shadowed the judges as much as I could to absorb any tidbits of knowledge that I could. My oldest daughter, Katlynn, also came to the show and shadowed the judges as they went through. I learned so much! I am so glad I came prior to showing any of my own fish. Now I have a much better idea of what to look for in a show fish. I need to order the IFGA judging guide now so I can get it solidified in my head better.

Ok now for the auction.. I had a great time there too! I am glad I signed up as a cash bidder, and had a limit of the cash I brought or I could have spent quite a bit! I spent about $60 and got a pair of Gary Mousseau's HB Yellows (gorgeous!!), a Red female (1st place novice female), 3 baby Cory cats for my daughters tank, a bunch of plants, and a giant can of color flake food.


After the auction we stayed a little while to help debench fish, and dump tanks. During this we helped pull Gary's fish and found that there had been a slight mix up in which fish were auctioned. He ended up giving us the HB Yellow male that was supposed to be auctioned as well as one from his 1st place HB Yellow male tank entry (as it's tank mate had died)! How cool is that!? I am so thrilled. I just love these fish!


I did not get as many photos as I had wanted to. By the time the judging was coming to a close it was so late and my feet were killing me. I decided to wait till Sunday morning to do pics and ended up getting there after many people had debenched. Here is the album of photos: Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment